I received a call tonight. A friend said, with an urgent tone in his voice, "go outside, you may be able to catch the sunset...bye", and hung up.
There's a spot at the top of the hill, a few blocks from where I am staying. From this spot, practically the entire city of seattle can be seen, a sparkling art deco foreground to the jagged sillhouette of the mountains. I bolted out the door, headed towards this favorite viewing spot.
I caught the last moment of the sun setting behind the mountains. Grey blue clouds, outlined by fiery yellow orange, capped the shadowy city. As I approached, panting and running, the bright neon that had outlined the clouds began to fade. I stopped to take it in. The muted pastel sky softly opened me to it. A breeze came, whispering through my fingertips and gently sweeping my hair behind me.
Sometimes we find love in the strangest places.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Celeste
- My favorite color is Chartreuse. I love the gust of breeze that is accompanied by the clunking sound of the train as it approaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment