I've recently been struck by a wave of empowerment, and I feel fantastic! I've decided to no longer indulge others' needs at the sake of my own, unless the person in need appreciates my efforts. I will no longer find myself in one sided relationships. They must be reciprocal. I will no longer apologize for my strengths. I will only devote my time to people that are capable of making me feel good about myself, and vice versa. So often recently, I've found myself devoting my time and efforts towards people that do nothing but ask me to give more and more, without expressing any sort of gratefulness for my sacrifices. I'm a wonderful, compassionate, devoted person. But from now on, I will only be this way with people that appreciate these traits in me.
It's sad to say, but people are either on your side or not. Either they give or they take far more than they give or deserve. Either they add a positive value to your life or a negative one. I've had so many people in my life that refuse to encourage me, or when they do encourage or support me it's only when they know that other people are watching. I'm really tired of being used as a device so that others can feel good about themselves. Fuck them. Every last one of them. Truly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Celeste
- My favorite color is Chartreuse. I love the gust of breeze that is accompanied by the clunking sound of the train as it approaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment