Our successful plot to tie the knot
So after months of wedding and maid of honour dress and centerpiece sewing, designing, printing, cutting, cd burning, shopping, and bow-tying, the wedding happened. Being the oldest of a household of six children, and therefore a little bit of a control freak (and also broke), I handled almost all of the little details myself by hand - from the favors to the programs. Brad worked away at his computer even harder than usual to make sure that the event was paid for. And when the big day happened, all of our extra hard work made me all that much more elated to see it come together.
But it was the big efforts of all of my loved ones that made me misty. My sister spent hours slaving over a beautiful seashell themed cake. Brad's aunt was the careful and attentive photographer for the evening. His brother, sister, and father painted, planted, posted, manicured, and mowed and flower arranged in preparation for the reception at their beautiful estate-like property. I was awestruck by everyone's efforts. So when we said our "I do's" I was not only grateful to be marrying Brad, but also grateful to be marrying his family. It was a lovely and intimate affair because everyone put a piece of their heart into it's creation. Just thinking about that brings tears to my eyes.
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. After a week of bleak weather forecasts, and holding back tears and fears of rain, it was the most beautiful beach ceremony that we could have hoped for. And although it did rain at the reception, I think that it added an element of excitement and cooled down our guests (and the boggy bride under 8 tiers of silk) just in the knick of time. Thank goodness for the tent!
A final thanks to all of my family - new and exisiting. And to all of our friends who worked so hard and traveled so far, and for contributing to the best day of our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Celeste
- My favorite color is Chartreuse. I love the gust of breeze that is accompanied by the clunking sound of the train as it approaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment